A payment schedule will be given to each team member. After your $100 deposit, 50% is due 90 days before you leave, 25% is due 60 days before you leave, and the final balance is due 30 days before you leave. Personal fundraising should begin immediately after you are approved to go on a mission trip. Don't let a lack of funds stop you from signing up for a mission trip. With intentionality and hard work, we have seen people raise the support they need. However, the total cost of the trip is up to you (and God).
Letters are a very effective way to raise money for a trip. Thoughtfully explain the purpose of your trip and your passion to share the gospel with the nations. Explain your financial needs and the budget of your trip. You must trust God for finances and be willing to make personal sacrifices. We suggest you contact 40-50 people. The body of the letter can be the same, but it will be more personal if you address your potential supporter by name, add a personal statement to the beginning or end of the letter, and sign your name by hand. Letters should be no more than two pages and include the following:
- Why you feel led to participate in missions and this trip in particular (Matt 28:19-20)
- Information about where you are going and when
- Information about who you are going with (Trinity) and who you will serve with (field partner) while you are there
- Description of what you are going to do and who you will be serving while there
- Total cost of the trip and the date of the first financial deadline
If possible, list ways you can work to earn the money. Ex: Easily create & sell T-shirts from sites like Fund the Nations, Bonfire Funds, and Booster; Have a yard sale or sell things online; Sell your time and services (mow, babysit, run errands, pet sit, etc); Make and sell baked good, jewelry, crafts, etc. (these can also be done with members of your team).
- How the reader can be involved (through prayer, giving, etc.)
- List specific prayer requests for the trip
- For all trips through Trinity, ask that checks be made out to Trinity Baptist Church and ask that they put the mission trip LOCATION in the memo line. IF THEY WANT THE GIFT TO BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE, your name should not be included on the check but written on a note included with the check. Trinity is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and per IRS regulations, the gifts are non-refundable, and the disbursement of those gifts lies at the discretion of the church.
- Request all donations to be made 90 days prior to departure of the trip
- Include the name and address of the church or even a self-addressed envelope
Each team member is responsible for developing a team of both prayer supporters and financial contributors. Prayer support is the most important need each team member has - both before and during the trip. Each person needs to enlist 3 to 10 people to pray for the you, the team, the area where you are traveling, and the ministry the team is involved in. This is a great opportunity to involve those who are unable to go on the trip.
Make sure to send Thank You Notes to your prayer and financial supporters. Take good notes while on the trip so that when you return, you can give them details about all that God did on the trip.
Location: 801 N. Peters Ave, Norman OK 73069
Sunday Services: 10:40am | 6pm